Madison FUMC Students seeks to come alongside students (6th – 12th Grade) through intentional relationship so that they may experience the love of Christ and learn to walk with Him and with others. Our hope is that as God’s love through us draws students to Him, students allow His love to work through them to draw others to Him.
Because we believe that journeys are made of steps taken in a particular direction, our services and ministries are organized around four habits we desire each student develops on their faith journey: Spending Time with God, Spending Time with Others, Using Our gifts, and Sharing Our Story.
It is our prayer that no matter where a student is on their faith journey, we would be allowed to come alongside them on that journey so that together we could experience the life-change that happens when our lives intersect with the life and teachings of Jesus lived out in a community of people who desire to walk with Him.
Each Sunday the Madison Student Ministry hosts a Sunday School Class for students from 6th—12th grade. Come for donuts, juice, a fierce game of ping-pong and a relevant, life-based teaching of Scripture.
Approximate Age Group: 6th-12th Grades
Time: 10:00 AM—10:45 AM
Location: Epworth Youth Center
Leader: Garrett Bearden
Credo is MFUMC Confirmation Class which is a year of exploration at Madison First UMC. Students in the sixth grade will take a closer look at what it means to become an adult in faith, what it means to make a commitment to Jesus Christ, and what it means to share in faith with Christians around the world.
The experience includes weekly class sessions during the Credo hour, time with an adult mentor, a weekend retreat, 2 one-day retreat, and worship opportunities with other congregations. The class culminates with a Confirmation Worship Service.
Who Attends Credo: 6th Grade Students
When Does Credo Meet: Sunday Nights 5:00 – 7:00 PM
What Will Students Experience:
5:00-5:30- Snack Supper with the rest of the student ministry
5:30-7:00- Confirmation Class
TMD is short for our Thursday Morning Devotions. This mid-week opportunity is student led and takes place every Thursday morning at 7:00a.m. during the school year. Come fellowship, enjoy some breakfast, and hear how God is touching your classmates’ lives.
Who Attends TMD: 6th-12th grade.
When Does TMD Meet: Thursday Morning at 7:00 am. Throughout the school year. We will provide transportation to the school.
What Will Students Experience During TMD:
7:00-7:20- Fellowship and Breakfast (Chick-Fil-A Biscuits)
7:20-7:30- Devotion led by a student
7:35- Load up to head to school
MADISON STUDENTS SUNDAY NIGHTS
- What is Sunday Nights: Madison Student Sunday evenings is where discipleship happens for our students at Madison FUMC. Students will hear topics discussed concerning wisdom, friendships, loving others, hurt, spiritual habits, doubt, family, justice, and more. Students will have the opportunity to participate in worship, and small group discussions. We like to have fun while we are engaged in teaching, discussion, and worship. Students will be able to participate in upfront and group games on Sunday evenings as well.
- Who Attends Madison Students Sunday Nights: 7th-12th grade.
- When Does Meet: Sunday evenings 5:00-7:00
- What Will Students Experience:
- 5:00-5:30- Snack Supper/Fellowship
- 5:30-5:50- Upfront or Group Game
- 5:50-6:00- Welcome
- 6:00-6:15- Worship
- 6:15-6:30- Large Group Teaching
- 6:30-7:00- Small Group discussion by grade and male/female.