This Sunday’s sermon with Rev. Grady Mosley, “The Forgotten Water Jar”. This Sunday’s message comes from John 4 and speaks to how our priorities change when we encounter Jesus.
This Sunday’s Sermon with Rev. Grady Mosley “Share in Your Master’s Happiness”, Matthew 25:14-30, Luke 112:13-21. The service will end with an opportunity for you to observe the sacrament of Holy Communion with Dr. Layne Jenkins and Rev. Grady Mosley.
For Communion, you will need a cup/goblet with some form of grape juice and a piece of bread such as pita loaf or dinner roll that you can break and share. Preparing in advance will better enhance the worship experience.
This Sunday, we welcome District Superintendent Rev. Dr Brian Clark as our guest speaker as he talks on the subject of “Praying for Revival.”
Rev. Grady Mosley continues his sermon series, “24 Hours that Changed the World.” Because Madison First UMC is observing social separation, today’s service is provided as video and audio-only streams.
Discussion questions following the message
- What’s one stereotypical thing you are afraid of? What’s one thing you were afraid of when you were younger?
- What’s a fear you’ve left behind as you’ve grown up? What’s a fear that you’ve kept or that has grown with you?
- What’s a very real and practical fear that you’ve noticed in the past week?
- Don’t miss this: In what ways can fear inpact how you make decisions or determine the direction of your life?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:54b-55. How does this verse differ from how most people see death?
- What can change when we realize that something isn’t final?
- Jesus defeated death, which is something people fear, what does that mean for you?
- For high schoolers: What decisions would you make differently if you made them based on the fact that Jesus has defeated death and fear?
Rev. Grady Mosley continues his sermon series, “24 Hours that Changed the World.” Today’s sermon examines Jesus’ trials before the chief priests, Pilate and the people. Because Madison First UMC is observing social separation, today’s service is provided as video and audio-only streams.
Continuing with his sermon series, “24 Hours That Changed the World,” Rev. Grady Mosley examines Jesus’ trial before the Sanhedrin. In our own lives, are we also guilty of denying Christ? Can we find the courage to be bold in our faith?
Continuing with his Lenten sermon series examining the last 24 hours of Jesus’ ministry, Rev. Grady Mosley draws our attention to the time of prayer at the Garden of Gethsemane.